Whew! thank goodness its Friday! I have a had a week of Migraines. Normally they don’t go all week, but for some reason (insert food, sleep, kids, stress) I could not shake them. I decided that I needed to make time for some stretching.
I went to my PiYo class this morning for the first time in months (PI=pilates YO= yoga). I feel much more limber stretched out and NO HEADACHE today! After all that, Murphy had a complete meltdown at the grocery store and screamed and kicked and all sorts of things he hasn’t done since he was 2… ugh. We made it home, and promptly crashed together snuggling on the couch for a nap. hence the delay on today’s project…
When I make bags, they are usually more embellished on the inside (pockets, key fob etc), I tend to let the fabric be the drawing point for the exterior. That is one of the reasons I use Echino. There is so much going on there that I try not to detract from the beauty in the print.
But, I have these fabrics in my stash that I love ( and of course, a little laminate, just on the bottom). They are a little much in one solid piece. I decided to split them up at slightly odd triangles.
I started by making a pattern by cutting a 12″ x 18″ piece of construction paper into 4 triangles. You could make more. I might just do that. I try to avoid the patchwork quilt look if I am not actually making a quilt.
when I cut out my triangles I staggered them a little differently on each side. I sewed the triangles in their order, pressed, and trimmed seams. then I measured and cut out a lining.
with right sides together I sewed the two exterior pieces on three sides. I “boxed” the corners but you don’t have to. I repeated this with the lining. Then I inserted the lining into the exterior, ironed the top seam and pinned my handles between the layers. I top stitched around the whole shebang.