Part of this 365 makes challenge was to learn new things. well I decided that this would be great to learn to crochet… so silly of me.
But, it did work out!
would you like to make your own plastic bag yarn?
1. get a standard bag and scissors
2. fold in half
3. fold in half again
4. fold in half one more time
5. cut off bottom seam, then cut at about 1″ intervals
6. now you have loops!
7. put one loop over another
8. slip the other end of the loop on top through the loop on bottom to make a knot.
9 & 10. pull gently until tight
I organized my “skeins” by color. this helped when I got to the top of this pattern. I altered it a little at the top pulling it in tighter. my basil looks pretty cute in it. I think it will make a great egg basket too.