I love to make these in the wintertime and serve them with wild rice, or a rice medley. They are veg and protein and yummy all in one. To be perfectly candid, I just do a bit of this and a bit of that. For the sake of this recipe I will try to be exact on measurements.
- turn pan on medium high heat, drizzle olive oil to help the bacon along
- when the pan is hot add the bacon and let it sizzle for a few minutes
- add the brussel sprouts, cook for about 5 min allowing the brussel sprouts to absorb some of the bacon yumminess.
- whisk together the syrup and mustard and add to the pan
- let cook until the brussel sprouts are softened, about 8 more minutes, stirrring often to prevent any one sprout from getting more browned than another, although I kinda like a few crispy